Provides protection against accidental loss or damage to personal private motor vehicles, including the standard accessories and spare parts, as well as cover against legal liability to third parties. It is a legal requirement in Kenya.
Types of Covers
Covers against a wide range of risks; including car damages, accidental bodily injury on third parties, loss of items from the car, cost of accidental transfers by car hire/towed vehicle if the insured car incurs massive damage, and windscreen breakage. If you have recently purchased a new car, check with us on the available options in the market.
Covers for loss of the vehicle through fire or theft and any loss as a result of attempted fire or theft. Damage to property is also covered. There are optional extras available such as windscreen breakage.
The Cover offers liability to third parties in the event of bodily injury and damage to third party vehicles or property. It does not provide insurance compensation to your damaged vehicle in case of an accident. This is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act.
- Copy of ID
- Copy of LogBook
- Copy of KRA pin
- Duly filled application form
Request a Quote
Get auto insurance online – instantly
Major exclusions to the Motor Vehicle cover
- Own death or injury
- Damage to tyres unless the motor vehicle is also damaged
- Consequential Loss/ Depreciation/ Wear and Tear
- Loss outside the geographical area
- Influence of alcohol
- Use of motor vehicle for unlawful purpose
- Damage caused by overloading/strain
Exclusions for motorcycle insurance
- Loss of personal effects
- Personal accident cover
- Use in connection with motor trade
- Use for carriage of passengers for hire/reward
- Consequential loss
- Loss/Damage to accessories/ spare parts by theft unless motorcycle is also stolen
- Damage to tyres
- Depreciation Wear and Tear
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns